Friday, April 10, 2009

Bringing the C Game

Last night, we set out to finish the weekly 25 man Naxx run. We just had the Abomination Wing and the Sapp n Kel Wing left to do. Last night's run was not our best unfortunantly, it took 3 times to take Patchwerk down, 2 to kill Grobbulus, we one-shotted Gluth though. However, the trouble was mainly at Thaddius. On the first attempt, too many people died at the first polarity shift. On try number two, we had a couple DPS'rs die too early and Thad was at 5.1mil when he enraged. Try number three was our best with only 1% about 400k was left before he wiped the raid. Try #4 was a wipe. The GL decided to call it after that and we all reflected on how we could do better. We have had some great nights, but this unfortunantly was a off night for us. Unlucky for me, I'll have to wait a week to get 60 emblems for my T7.5 shoulders. I'm currently at 56 and just need 4 more. While reflecting on how we could have done better, I did think about how we did good also. We handled Gluth's puppy chow mobs pretty good and on our third Thad attempt, we managed to get him down to 1% even though a lot of DPS was down. It probably didn't help that I got screwed by the RNG that night (I counted 14 wrath spams to proc Eclipse, 8 of them were crits). On another note, we all decided to add the EPGPLoot2 addon to the raid required addons to try it out. If my personal opinion had a grading scale out of 1-10, the addon would be an 8/10. My only problem with it is that it will not let Druid's need on cloth drops. While I can see a reason to prohibit druids from bidding on cloth drops to leave some for the clothie classes, if Blizzard would add a load of leather gear for caster druids, there would be almost no arguement coming from me. Aside from that, I really like how the addon make being the master looter a lot easier. It also makes the raid go a lot faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment